Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

Honestly my first impressions of Facebook were full of excitement.  My mom had previously renounced any thought of my personal information being open to the world wide web.  However after much pressure, I was able to convince her that my maturity exceeded most online and that I could and should have a Facebook.  When my mom could think of no other rebuttal's, she finally allowed me to join the world of Facebook,  I was ecstatic to say the least.  Now I could find and communicate with friends in a safe environment, or could I?  After reading "Why Facebook is After Your Kids", I am starting to find Facebook as less appealing than I first thought.  According to this article, Facebook is able to basically steal my private information and sell it off to companies yearning for a needy teenager.  This is taking place all without my knowledge.
Yes, Facebook does allow human beings to share information with the rest of the word, but for what price?  There must be a line drawn that separates our viral being from those who wish to use it to their advantage.

No comments:

Post a Comment