Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Advice Column-Style Letter Helping Ophelia

Dear Ophelia,

Your situation is completely ecumenical.  I hope you understand that love is very complex especially when the one you have feelings for has recently experienced a traumatic event.  The death of his father has been a great bane for Hamlet.  I believe you should therefore empathize with his feelings.  For this reason I suggest giving Hamlet time to overcome the sadness that has engulfed his life.  Sometimes the best way to help someone is by giving them space.

When it comes to your father and brother I understand that their thoughts are quite dogmatic, however I believe you are old enough to make your own decisions.  Although they are merely trying to look out for your best interests and can seem very cantankerous at times, I believe they are being overly protective which is why you must not be malcontent with them.  Also, do not let your father and brother be harbinger's for a sad and desperate future.  Ultimately seek beatitude and pursue Hamlet, but let him recover before you give him all your love. 

Lastly, I give you kudos for reaching out to someone besides your own kin.  I hope this response was not too prolix but gave you an understanding of how to build your infrastructure of love with the prince of Denmark.

Best of luck,
Ryland Towne

No comments:

Post a Comment