Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fresh Prince of Denmark: Remix of Hamlet


Now this is the story all about how
My life got flipped, turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute just sit right there
I'll tell you how I started to seize revenge on my evil uncle Claudius

In west Denmark born and raised
In the castles lower bailey where I spent most of my days
Chilling out, fencing, relaxing all cool 
When my evil Uncle Claudius, was up to no good
Decided to kill my father Hamlet because he thought he'd be hood                                                                I got a little crazy and my mom got scared  
And said to her new husband that I must be cared

I called on some players I knew would help me and when they came near                                                      I told them how to mock the death of my father and it became clear                                                                                                       
When Claudius ran out of the play after poison was dropped into one of the actors ear
He was the true murderer and my revenge was sincere

I was called by my mom about seven or eight
And I yelled at her and she screamed for help
For someone was spying on us so my sword I whelped
and stabbed that darn Polonius right in the heart

P.S. I know this is very corny, hopefully you found it humorous though!

9 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha I thought this was hilarious! This was by far the best remix I've read today. You made hamlet extremely relatable to teens today and because of this it was a lot easier to understand...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh, despite the corniness. It's a creative and fun way to succinctly summarize Acts I-III. I like the combination of "pop culture" from two very different eras.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Sorry the text got contorted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought this was hilarious. It was definitely creative and unique, I agree with Abby this was the best remix I have seen all day. Good job Ryland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually laughed at "darn Polonius". I enjoy corniness so it was all good. I got a little confused about the rhyming pattern but that's about it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very creative! Haha this would be fun way to present act 3 to young students

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I really enjoyed reading this and also thought it was very humorous! This is a great way to help us understand Hamlet better by making it more hip haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha good job. Pretty funny. Now you need to add music and a video of you doing it :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job this is actually my favorite by far. pretty creative(:

    ReplyDelete