Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Character study #2

It was the night before the big game, and everyone knew who would lead the tigers to victory.  Carly Koertge was known as the best middle in the game, but some of the girls on the other team wanted to make sure she would be the last.
It was a couple hours before the game that I started to receive small shivers running down my lower spine.  I thought nothing of them since they occurred often.  However as the game approached, my senses started to spike viciously throughout my entire body.  Something had to be done.
Since I had only lived a few blocks from the stadium I decided to investigate the environment around all the action that was taking place.  Nothing seemed out of the ordinary however I still felt chills running up and down my spine.  I then decided to enter the fray of the game just to completely diminish my anguish.
When I arrived at the stadium I was quickly able to enter the halls where most fans and other personal were not allowed to be.  After a few minutes of avoiding the consistent inspection by the somewhat useless security, I felt a rush of tingling run through my body like never before.  Suddenly out of the corner of my eye I noticed Carly Koertge being approached by players of the opposite team.  They had outnumbered her seven to one, an obvious assault to any onlooker.  When they started to close in I made my move.  I decided to break through the wall of athletes with Carly at my side knowing that any confrontation would be nearly impossible to overcome.
Finally Carly and I had made it far enough from the other girls that I was able to be of no other assistance to her.  However as I was making my escape from her, she vigorously grabbed my arm and demanded the knowledge of my true identity...

No comments:

Post a Comment